Diss High School is a high achieving and aspirational 11-18 school, with results that are always above county and national averages.
We would like to thank people for taking the time to apply for positions advertised. It is our policy not to reply to unsuccessful applicants and therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date, please assume you have not been selected for interview.
To commence September 2023
Salary Range L29-L35
11-18 School with Sixth Form
1000 on roll
As a result of the forthcoming retirement of the present Headteacher, the Governors of this successful Norfolk school are seeking a candidate with excellent management and leadership skills along with the vision to take the School forward towards the next level of achievement.
OFSTED March 2018 – ‘Good in all categories’
Closing date: 9am, Monday 26th September 2022
Interview dates: Thursday 13th and Friday 14th October 2022
Diss High School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all its students and all staff must have an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Required every weekday, 5 hours per week, 1.15pm-2.15pm
Term time only
Actual Salary: £2,484 per annum
We are looking to recruit some additional lunchtime supervisors during the mid-day break in the dining areas, classrooms, outside grounds and circulation areas.
A full job description is available but key duties are as follows:
- To work alongside the Senior Leadership Team supervising students to ensure good behaviour in and around school
- To report to the Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team any incidents such as:
- where students have acted in a manner deemed to be a danger to themselves and others
- where students have acted in an inconsiderate or discourteous manner
- where students have disobeyed the rules
- health or safety hazards
- To report any accidents and request assistance from the school’s first aider as required
- To supervise students in the dining hall by:
- Supervising queues to ensure students line up in an orderly fashion
- Attend to any spillage on floors and table tops utilising equipment provided by the caterers
- Supervise the clearing of tables, return of trays and the orderly stacking and clearing of dirty plates
- Supervise and assist students with packed lunches and ensure clearance of waste
- Ensure the removal of food and litter in the dining hall by students to maintain satisfactory standards
- To supervise students in classrooms, corridors and outside grounds as appropriate:
- To keep students out of restricted areas (e.g. classrooms on ‘dry days’)
- To supervise students in allocated areas during inclement weather
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply, please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience, with your name and telephone number and a member of staff will call you to discuss the role further. If you cannot email, please write to Diss High School, Walcot Road, Diss IP22, 4DH.
Hours: Casual basis, term time only, 08:30-15:15
Salary: £14.01 per hour
We are seeking a Cover Supervisor to join our busy team. When a teacher is absent due to professional development or other reasons, we may ask one of our team to supervise classes whilst pupils carry out work set by their teacher.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience of talking to/working with young people
- be able to work in an organised and methodical manner
- have the ability to work in a classroom environment
- be flexible and cooperative
- be able to work effectively as part of a team
Please download the application pack or email Mrs Reeve, firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Head of History
Head of History post – TLR 2
Start Date: January 2023
Diss High School is a high achieving and aspirational 11-18 school. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and dynamic teacher to lead our successful History department; someone with energy and innovation with a passion for History and the learning experience.
If you are an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic and talented teacher and leader who has a clear vision for the development of History teaching and learning, we would like to hear from you. The post offers an excellent career opportunity to the right candidate. The successful applicant will teach History at both GCSE and A Level .
Diss High School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students and all staff must have an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Closing date: Monday 26th September 2022 (by midday)
Start date 1 November 2022, or as soon as possible
Pay scale Scale H, £28,226-£30,095 pa
Hours of work: All year contract, 37 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to manage the school’s finance function. The Finance Manager forms an integral part of the team responsible for ensuring financial integrity within the school by ensuring compliance with the Academies Handbook and other financial regulations
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of processing accounting transactions, preparing management accounts and analyses in a timely and accurate manner and working with auditors to produce annual accounts. Experience within a education setting would be an advantage.
Closing date for applications Friday 14th October 2022 at noon
Diss High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applications. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Diss High is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students and all staff must have an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. All posts are likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.