Diss High School is a high achieving and aspirational 11-18 school, with results that are always above county and national averages.
We would like to thank people for taking the time to apply for positions advertised. It is our policy not to reply to unsuccessful applicants and therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date, please assume you have not been selected for interview.
Application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required every weekday, 5 hours per week, 1.15pm-2.15pm
Term time only
Actual Salary: £2,700 per annum (£12.46 per hour plus holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit some additional lunchtime supervisors during the mid-day break in the dining areas, classrooms, outside grounds and circulation areas.
A full job description is available but key duties are as follows:
- To work alongside the Senior Leadership Team supervising students to ensure good behaviour in and around school
- To report to the Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team any incidents such as:
- where students have acted in a manner deemed to be a danger to themselves and others
- where students have acted in an inconsiderate or discourteous manner
- where students have disobeyed the rules
- health or safety hazards
- To report any accidents and request assistance from the school’s first aider as required
- To supervise students in the dining hall by:
- Supervising queues to ensure students line up in an orderly fashion
- Attend to any spillage on floors and table tops utilising equipment provided by the caterers
- Supervise the clearing of tables, return of trays and the orderly stacking and clearing of dirty plates
- Supervise and assist students with packed lunches and ensure clearance of waste
- Ensure the removal of food and litter in the dining hall by students to maintain satisfactory standards
- To supervise students in classrooms, corridors and outside grounds as appropriate:
- To keep students out of restricted areas (e.g. classrooms on ‘dry days’)
- To supervise students in allocated areas during inclement weather
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply, please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience, with your name and telephone number and a member of staff will call you to discuss the role further. If you cannot email, please write to Diss High School, Walcot Road, Diss IP22, 4DH
COVER SUPERVISORS (Permanent and Casual hours available)
Required for January 2024
Salary £29,269 - £31,364pa pro rata (Scale G, dependant on experience)
Hours of work: up to 31.25 hours per week, during the school day, term time only
Hourly rate: £15.17-£16.25
We are looking to add to our pool of cover supervisors. We have up to 31.25 hours per week available on a permanent contract that would be suitable for either one person or a job share. We are also looking for people looking for work on a more casual basis.
This role would be ideal for any candidate looking to fit work around their family, looking to gain experience of working with children, or simply interested in flexible work opportunities. Cover supervisors provide cover for teachers who are absent due to professional development or other reasons. If there is no class requiring cover, the cover supervisor may be asked to work supporting teaching and learning in other ways around the school.
Training will be given but the ideal candidate will:
- have experience of talking to young people
- be able to work in an organised and methodical manner
- have the ability to work in a classroom environment
- be confident in managing behaviour
- have a flexible approach to work
Diss High School is an Equal Opportunities employer committed to Safeguarding Children and the successful applicant will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check before appointment.
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2023 at noon.
Learning Mentor / TA
LEARNING MENTOR / TA
Required for September/October 2023
Salary: Scale C pro-rata (£21,189). Actual pay £16,127 pa
33.75 hours per week, term time plus one week
Fixed Term for one Year
Are you a recent graduate or someone looking to get into Teaching? We have an exciting opportunity for you to work with young people across the curriculum and gain experience of the Teaching Profession.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and positive individual to join the school’s Learning Support department with a focus on mentoring students across several aspects of the curriculum on a 1:1 and small group basis. The person appointed will work under the guidance of the SENCO to provide support for specific students in and out of the classroom.
This position would be ideal for someone who may want to apply for Teacher Training and would given you practical experience of how a school setting works and aid you in developing the key skills required to become a Teacher.
Diss High School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all its students. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Part Time Teacher of Music
PART TIME TEACHER OF MUSIC
3 or 4 DAYS (0.6-0.8)
Diss High School is a high achieving and aspirational 11-18 school. We are looking for an experienced teacher of Music to join a successful and innovative department on a part time basis of 3 or 4 days a week. This is an exceptionally friendly school with very supportive colleagues. Applications are welcome from both experienced and ECT teachers.
Diss High is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students and all staff must have an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Start date: Preferably April 2024 or sooner, although a September start would be considered for the right candidate.
Closing date: Friday 15th December at noon
SEND & Pupil Support Administrator
SEND & PUPIL SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
Part time – 37 hours a week, term time plus two weeks
Salary: £23,308 actual (F12, £26,421pa pro rata)
Diss High School is looking for a suitably qualified person to join its administration team as a SEND & PUPIL SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR. Training and professional development opportunities will be available, including access to accredited qualifications as appropriate.
Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 8th December at noon
Interviews: Monday 11th December
Diss High is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students and all staff must have an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. All posts are likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.