Diss High School is a high achieving and aspirational 11-18 school, with results that are always above county and national averages.
We would like to thank people for taking the time to apply for positions advertised. It is our policy not to reply to unsuccessful applicants and therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date, please assume you have not been selected for interview.
Application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required every weekday, 5 hours per week, 1.15pm-2.15pm
Term time only
Actual Salary: £2,700 per annum (£12.46 per hour plus holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit some additional lunchtime supervisors during the mid-day break in the dining areas, classrooms, outside grounds and circulation areas.
A full job description is available but key duties are as follows:
- To work alongside the Senior Leadership Team supervising students to ensure good behaviour in and around school
- To report to the Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team any incidents such as:
- where students have acted in a manner deemed to be a danger to themselves and others
- where students have acted in an inconsiderate or discourteous manner
- where students have disobeyed the rules
- health or safety hazards
- To report any accidents and request assistance from the school’s first aider as required
- To supervise students in the dining hall by:
- Supervising queues to ensure students line up in an orderly fashion
- Attend to any spillage on floors and table tops utilising equipment provided by the caterers
- Supervise the clearing of tables, return of trays and the orderly stacking and clearing of dirty plates
- Supervise and assist students with packed lunches and ensure clearance of waste
- Ensure the removal of food and litter in the dining hall by students to maintain satisfactory standards
- To supervise students in classrooms, corridors and outside grounds as appropriate:
- To keep students out of restricted areas (e.g. classrooms on ‘dry days’)
- To supervise students in allocated areas during inclement weather
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply, please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience, with your name and telephone number and a member of staff will call you to discuss the role further. If you cannot email, please write to Diss High School, Walcot Road, Diss IP22, 4DH
Hours: Casual basis, term time only, 08:30-15:15
Salary: £15.25 per hour
We are seeking to expand our busy team of Cover Supervisors. When a teacher is absent due to professional development or other reasons, we may ask one of our team to supervise classes whilst pupils carry out work set by their teacher.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience of talking to/working with young people
- be able to work in an organised and methodical manner
- have the ability to work in a classroom environment
- be flexible and cooperative
- be able to work effectively as part of a team
Applications are welcome at any time. Please download the application pack or email Mrs Reeve, firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
PA to the Headteacher
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE HEADTEACHER
Part time – 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time plus two weeks)
Salary: £21,500 - £25,800 actual (dependent on experience)
Start Date: 1 September 2023
Diss High School is recruiting a personal assistant to the Headteacher. We are seeking a well-organised, efficient person able to work well under pressure.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a similar role, not necessarily in education although that would be an advantage. They will have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Diss High School is an Equal Opportunities employer committed to Safeguarding Children and the successful applicant will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check before appointment.
Closing date: Monday 12th June at noon
Interview date: Tuesday 20th June
Diss High is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students and all staff must have an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. All posts are likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.