Year 6 Admissions
Students are admitted to Diss High School at the age of 11+ without a formal examination. Pupils from the following primary schools have traditionally joined us each year:
- All Saints (Shelfanger/Winfarthing)
Students who live within our geographical area but attend schools outside this area are also eligible for admission. Students resident beyond the catchment area may be admitted if there is room.
In the event of there being more requests for places than places available, children will be admitted in the following order of priority:
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Need naming that school;
- Children in public care who are due to transfer;
- Children who are due to transfer and live in the area served by the school;
- Children who are due to transfer and live outside the area served by the school, who have an older brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission (but not the Sixth Form);
- Children who are due to transfer who live outside the area served by the school and attend a feeder school at the opening date of the admission round.
- Children who are due to transfer and live outside the area served by the school.
If all children within any of the above criteria cannot be offered a place, the highest priority will be given to children living nearest to the school within those criteria. To determine who lives nearest, distance will be measured door to door, using Ordnance Survey data.
All enquiries regarding Year 6 admission should be addressed in the first instance to Pupil Admissions, County Hall, Norwich (Telephone 01603 224382 or 222593).
In Year Admissions
Requests for admissions which are not year 6 transitions must also be made by contacting Pupil Admissions, County Hall, Norwich (Telephone 01603 224382 or 222593). Pupil admissions contact the school who then liaise with parents. Should parents simply wish for a tour of the school, please contact Mr Lea at the school.
All applicants refused a place have a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel constituted and operated in accordance with the School Admission Appeals Code.
Appellants should contact the school for information on how to appeal. Information on the timetable for the appeals process is on the Norfolk County Council Website:
Norfolk County Council Appeals Information