The Governing Body has three main roles:
- Strategic- setting the general direction of the school
- Critical Friend- working together with the Headteacher creating a clear understanding of the challenges faced in managing a school
- Accountability- the Governing body must have a professional attitude and use its collective skills to benefit the learners. It must gather and decide what is best for the school.
The governors meet, as a full group, at least once a term and more often in committees - there are currently three committees:
- Curriculum and Monitoring
- Finance, Personnel and Premises
Anyone wishing to communicate with Governors may do so in writing through the clerk to the governors: firstname.lastname@example.org