School Uniform Policy
Uniform can be purchased from: www.yourschoolwear.co.uk
The Governing Body has agreed the following.
- All students in Year 7 to 11 are required to wear School Uniform and to present themselves in a neat and tidy fashion at all times.
- No jewellery (apart from one stud per ear). Other forms of visible ‘body piercing’ are specifically forbidden.
- Style/colour of hair must not be taken to extremes.
- Leather and denim jackets are not regarded as appropriate outdoor wear, neither are casual shirts, training or hooded tops, or cardigans. Outdoor wear should be weatherproof. Garments carrying slogans or drawings, which the School deems offensive, are forbidden (e.g., racist or drugs related). Baseball caps may not be worn. (Generally, outdoor garments should be of the kind that zip or button up the front and be free of very large slogans, brand names, decorations etc. Sober colours are preferred and lightweight training tops or other flimsy garments are really not suitable; the idea is to protect children from the cold and wet, not to allow them to wear the latest fashion garments around the buildings. We would appreciate the support of parents in this.)
- All extremes of fashion should be avoided and the School reserves the right to decide what constitutes a breach of School Uniform.
- Make-up: Years 7-11 - No Make Up Permitted.
Summary of School Uniform
- Navy blue official school polo shirt.
- Navy blue official school V-necked sweater. The wearing of sweaters is compulsory after autumn half term holiday until Easter and optional thereafter (weather dependant).
- Plain graphite grey full-length trousers for boys and girls (which are purchased through Anglia Sports and School wear). No other style of trouser, such as very tight or very flared, are acceptable and neither are denim, cord or casual style trousers. Accessories such as buttons, studs and other decorative details on the trousers are unacceptable.
- Plain black or grey socks.
- Plain black leather shoes. Trainers with logos, backless or platform shoes, open sandals or shoes with heels exceeding 2 inches (5cm) are not permitted. Where injuries to feet prevent the wearing of normal school shoes, students are expected to wear the regulation plimsolls, which are loaned, by the school.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL ITEMS ARE LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.
Physical Education Kit
Compulsory for ALL students
- Diss High School unisex PE polo shirt* or Diss High School girls PE polo shirt*
- Trainers (non-marking soles) NOT plimsolls
- White ankle sport socks
- Plain navy shorts
- Diss High School sports socks*
- Hockey or football boots
Optional kit for all students
- Plain, navy tracksuit bottoms or leggings
- Mouth guards and shin pads are strongly recommended
Compulsory kit for BOYS
- Diss High School boys rugby shirt*
Compulsory kit for GIRLS
- Diss High School girls’ sports top* (long-sleeved)
We recommend that students shower after physical activity, but this is not compulsory. Additionally, all students in appropriate weather may wear sun hats.
*This kit MUST be ordered from Anglia Sports & Schoolwear Ltd at www.yourschoolwear.co.uk.
ALL KIT MUST BE NAMED WITH INDELIBLE MARKING