Student Finances - Help and Support 



You may be entitled to financial support to help you with your studies.  There are two types of bursary funds you can apply to:

Vulnerable Bursary

Students in one or more of the groups below can apply for a vulnerable bursary of up to £1,200. Institutions do not receive an allocation of funds for vulnerable bursaries. They need to draw down the funds by completing a funding claim form and submitting it to the Student Support Bursary Service via the Student Bursary Support Service portal.

The eligible groups are students who are:

  • in care
  • care leavers
  • getting Income Support (IS) or Universal Credit (UC) in place of Income Support in their own right
  • getting Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments in their own right
Discretionary Bursary
Discretionary bursaries are awards made to individual students. They are targeted on overcoming the individual barriers to participation a student faces.  It is intended to support students who cannot stay in education without financial help for things like transport, meals, books and equipment.
You can download the school's bursary policy and claim forms here:



You may be able to apply to Norfolk County Council for support with your travel costs.  You can access their web site here:

Post 16 Travel Scheme 


Free School Meals

You may be entitled to free school meals.  We have a cashless system in Sixth Form which operates by a card.  The card is credited every day with the free school meal daily allowance.  You can also top the card up yourself if required.


You can download a free school meals application form here:


Free School Meals Application Form


Financial Support

Diss High School

This website uses cookies. Find out about cookies here. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Remove Cookie Message button  Designtec Web Design